Transforming your smile doesn’t have to be an embarrassing process. If you’re worried about spending a year or more in metal braces, clear aligners may be a better fit for you. Invisible braces don’t work for every situation, but they can address a range of alignment concerns. Clinton Dental Center offers affordable clear braces near Mount Clemens MI, along with a variety of personalized orthodontics services. Give us a call at (586) 949-5363 to schedule your braces consultation.
How to Care for Clear Braces
One of the biggest advantages to wearing clear braces is that you can take out the trays to brush your teeth. They’re not maintenance-free, but they are easier to clean than metal braces. Here’s an overview of clear braces care:
- Remove Your Clear Aligners and Brush/Floss Like Normal
- Rinse Your Aligners Every Time You Take Them out
- Use a Soft-Bristled Toothbrush and Non-Whitening Toothpaste to Gently Clean Your Trays
- Soak the Clear Braces in Hydrogen Peroxide/Water or an Appropriate Cleaner Solution
- Follow the Care Instructions Your Orthodontist Provides
- Do Not Drink Dark Liquids with Your Aligners in to Prevent Staining
- Rinse Your Mouth out before Putting Your Trays back in
When you or your teen gets invisible braces, we’ll provide detailed care instructions and answers to all your questions. Contact us at (586) 949-5363 to get started.
How Long Do I Have to Wear Clear Braces?
Treatment duration varies greatly from one person to the next. On average, clear braces take about a year to straighten a person’s smile, but some treatments are only six months long. Wearing the trays for the recommended 22 hours per day will speed up the process. We can provide a projected treatment duration during your consultation.
Clinton Dental Center
50475 Gratiot Ave. – Suite 4
Chesterfield, MI 48051
Complete Care for Every Smile
Clinton Dental Center is a full-service dentist office for all age groups. Our services include:
- Teeth Cleanings and Oral Exams
- Teeth Whitening, Dental Veneers, Crowns, Bridges and Other Forms of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Metal Braces, Palate Expanders and Clear Braces near Mount Clemens MI
- Smile Restoration Services, Including Teeth Whitening and Dentures
- Composite Fillings, Fluoride Treatments, Dental Sealants and Cavity Prevention
- Tooth Extractions, Select Oral Surgery Services and Root Canals
- TMJ Treatment for Facial Joint Pain
- Gum Disease Treatment and Prevention
- Sleep Apnea Oral Devices That Are Custom Made for Your Smile
- And Other General Dentistry Services from Clinton Dental Center