Pain-Free Root Canals And Affordable Endodontics In Macomb County MI
Root canals, also known as endodontics, are complex and often scary oral surgical procedures that most patients avoid at all costs. At Clinton Dental Center, we take the fear out of root canals through personalized care and effective pain management solutions. If you need endodontic care to restore your smile and improve your oral health, you can trust our oral surgeons to put you on the path to recovery. Call us today at (586) 949-5363 to schedule your free consultation.
What Is A Root Canal?
A root canal is a dental treatment used to repair a tooth after extensive decay or infection. Root canals are often required when a cavity gets large enough to affect the roots of your teeth. During your procedure, your dentist will…
- Numb The Portion Of Your Mouth Where The Root Canal Will Occur
- Create An Opening In The Crown Of Your Tooth To Get To The Pulp Chamber
- Clean Out The Unhealthy Or Infected Parts Of Your Teeth
- Fill The Teeth With Special Materials Designed To Prevent Infection, Contamination, Or Further Deterioration
- Add Temporary Filling Material To The Top Of The Tooth While A Permanent Crown Is Created Specifically For Your Smile
- Insert A Custom Dental Crown Over The Tooth To Restore Your Smile After The Root Canal
Some root canals require additional support inside the tooth to hold the crown up, depending on how healthy the rest of the tooth is. To learn more about endodontics and oral surgery as a whole, contact Clinton Dental Center to schedule your first appointment.
Signs You Need A Root Canal
Your family dentist may tell you that you need a root canal before you notice any symptoms. However, if you miss one of your oral health exams or go a long time without a tooth cleaning, you may be the one to spot the problem. Here are some warning signs of root canals you can watch out for:
- Frequent Pain In One Portion Of Your Mouth
- Increased Sensitivity To Hot And Cold Food And Drinks
- Gum Tenderness Or Swelling In A Localized Area Of Your Smile
- Throbbing Pain After Chewing Or Brushing
- A Large Cavity Accompanied By Pain Or Swelling
- General Discomfort On A Regular Basis
Whether you need a root canal or some other form of oral surgery, the experienced dentists at Clinton Dental Center are here to assist you. Call us today at (586) 949-5363 to schedule an appointment with an endodontist near you.