I will go out of my way to save your teeth whenever possible, but sometimes, an extraction is necessary. And with extractions come other concerns: What will your smile look like? How will your speech be impacted? What prosthetic options are available? This I can say with certainty: When it comes to tooth replacement options, some are better than others. Continue reading to learn about the option my patients (and I) are passionate about.
The Many Benefits of Implants
I cannot overstate how much my patients love their dental implants. Here are just a few of the reasons:
- They are permanent; no overnight soaking, being caught without your “teeth,” or gum irritation caused by ill-fitting dentures.
- They are individually placed; with implants, each prosthetic is individually placed, making them the most authentic looking restorations available.
- They allow you to eat what you want; grilled corn on the cob, apple slices, a nice piece of pork tenderloin … they’re all on the table when you have implants.
- They are easy to care for; since they look, feel, and function like natural teeth, you care for them in the same way. Brush, floss, and visit me as recommended.
- They prevent further damage; implants prevent your other teeth from shifting, keep your bite properly aligned, and prevent bone deterioration from occuring in the jaw.
- They restore confidence; no more hiding your smile from the world or avoiding social situations because you’re embarrassed by a denture-related speech impediment.
When you think about the other options that are available to you (dentures, bridges, or embracing toothlessness), you’ll understand why I’m so passionate about dental implants. If you’ve been thinking about them or would like to learn more, let’s talk! Contact my office to schedule a consultation. I look forward to giving you a reason to smile.